Costco’s flagship hearing aid is the Kirkland Signature 9.0. From their robust features (20 fine-tuning channels, 9 automatic programs, 3 manual programs) to its discreet and near invisible profile - this is a competitive hearing aid for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
To purchase, you’ll need a Costco membership and visit your local warehouse. You’ll be given a hearing test that will last about an hour. Then, you’ll receive custom fitting for maximum performance and comfort.
If you like flexibility in usability, the Kirkland Signature 9.0 hearing aids can be operated from the device or by using your iPhone or Android phone. Further, the Bluetooth connectivity can pair to any device that offers Bluetooth connectivity.
Even with the on-board device controls and “fine-tuning” through the app, the Kirkland Signature 9.0 also can adapt on the fly by utilizing technology that can determine the size of the room/building you are in and can make automatic “smart” adjustments.
There are also small, yet welcomed accessories and resources. The model includes 10 batteries, which is a significant savings. Also, because of the many Costco locations, you have flexibility in receiving service.
Overall, the Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 is versatile and user-friendly. The technology can be used to adjust the hearing aids in many different ways: You can either allow the on-board chip to adjust automatically or you can have a more customized experience by “tweaking” the settings via your smartphone.
- Price for a pair is $1499 - this is a competitive price for a hearing aid with app functionality and other bells and whistles.
- Hands-free phone calls via Bluetooth connectivity for iPhones and Android phones. Calls can be answered by pressing a button on the device or via answering a call physically on your phone (Easy Line Remote feature)
- Costco customer service is very helpful when you need to utilize the warranty.
- Directional microphones with binaural beam forming for better understanding of speech in noisy environments.
- Cannot be purchased online.
- Only sold as a pair - if you only need a hearing aid for one ear, this model is not for you.
- Need to invest time and possible follow-up visits for their free hearing test (necessary). This hearing test takes about 1 hour.
- No user tone (bass, mid or treble) controls.
- One of the most common complaints is some aids crackle during use. Although you can exchange a “: lemon” for a working model with relative ease, this can be a frustrating issue.
- 5 color options (Beige, Stone, Black, Silver, Bronze)
- Usability is simple and straight-forward; either from the device or from your smartphone
- 4 power receiver levels
The Kirkland Signature 9.0 is the flagship model for Costco.
The app for the Kirkland Signature 9.0 is available for both Android and iPhone.
10 batteries are included with each pair of the Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 hearing aids. This is a great value.
Available at most Costco warehouse locations.